This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) describes how Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments (a partnership incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at Pulai Springs Resort, Cinta Ayu Hotel Lobby, 20km, Jalan Pontian Lama, 81110 Pulai, Johor, Malaysia.) uses your Personal Data.
By engaging Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments to provide services or by interacting with Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments website http://www.pulaigroup.com/CintaAyu/
(“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments and all persons involved in the provision of services by Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments or by continuing to use Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments directly (i.e. during your communications with Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments and/or when you engage Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments to provide services), Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (ii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies on internet browsers.
Purposes of Processing
- Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments which shall include, without limitation:-
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to questions and comments from you;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
- for Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence
and you agree and consent to Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
- Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments may also use and process your data for other purposes such as:-
- to send you materials such as newsletters, articles, write-ups as well as other updates;
- to distribute information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which may of interest to you;
- to send as potential referees to (i) editors/researchers in ranking legal publications and journals; (ii) potential clients who request for referees of past work in Requests for Proposals, tenders, submissions;
by way of email or mail.
- If you do not consent to Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6, please notify Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments using the contact details stated in Section 8 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments's information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes as described in Section 6(c) where such ranking legal publications and journals and/or potential clients are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments’s, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- information technology (IT) service providers;
- data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- any professional advisors and external auditors;
- regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments by contacting:-
Pulai Springs Resort,
Cinta Ayu Hotel Lobby,
20km, Jalan Pontian Lama,
81110 Pulai, Johor, Malaysia
Telephone No.: +6019-755 5599 Facsimile No.: +607-521 1818
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Cinta Ayu Resort Apartments has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.